Proper dental care is an essential component of your overall health and well-being. Cavities, gum disease, tooth loss and infections can all significantly impact your life, causing pain, discomfort and embarrassment. The best way to avoid these problems is through regular dental checkups.
With so much riding on the health of your teeth, it is important to choose a dentist you can trust. The following suggestions will help you find the top St Augustine dentist to help keep your teeth healthy and strong for years to come.
1. Look for a dentist who works with your insurance company or dental health plan. Read the fine print of your dental plan to see if there are any limits on which dentists you can see. Most insurance plans also have a list of approved dentists on their website.
2. Ask around for recommendations from people you trust. Talk to your friends, family members or coworkers to see if they like their current dentist. Ask about factors such as pricing, ease of getting appointments, which pain management techniques are used and whether the staff is caring and attentive.
3. Make it as easy as possible to get to the dentist so you are more likely to go. First and foremost, start by choosing a dentist who is located close to your home or place of business. The easier it is for you to get to the office, the more likely you are to go. After all, if you have to spend an hour driving through heavy traffic to get to a dental appointment, it is far easier to put off making an appointment than if you can dash across the street during your lunch hour at work.
Also, find out how easy it is to get a dental appointment. Does the dentist offer same day appointments for emergency services? Can they fit you in for cleanings and other less urgent appointments in a timely manner? Are their office hours compatible with your work schedule? Considering these factors early on in the process of choosing a dentist will help ensure that it is as fast and easy as possible to get an appointment when you need one.
4. Consider whether you need any special accommodations. For example, if you are afraid of going to the dentist, you may want to look for a provider who specializes in sedation dentistry. Likewise, if you have significant decay or tooth loss, you may want to choose an oral surgeon who can help you with dental implants or complex extractions.
5. Don’t feel obligated to stay with a dentist. If you go in for your initial appointment and find that your dentist is not a good match, don’t hesitate to move on a try a different office. Choosing a dentist who puts you completely at ease will make you more likely to follow through with regular checkups.
These simple tips should help you find the top St Augustine dentist. By thinking through factors such as the ease of scheduling appointments, payment options and any special accommodations you may need, you can find a dentist who is perfectly suited to your needs. We recommend giving The Village Dentist’s a call. they are highly recommended in St. Augustine.